Key Skills: SQL Server DBA ,Lambda, IAM, API Gateway.
Who Are We?
Mobikon is a leading ‘AI-driven Consumer Engagement and Predictive Analytics SAAS’ platform to engage customers, gain insights, predict spending and buying patterns, and increase sales for the F&B industry. Its cloud-based platform is designed to simplify and streamline the CRM functions of running a successful restaurant by providing true closed loop, customer lifecycle marketing, off-line to online targeting and business intelligence.
Mobikon started as a small team of 6 people and has since grown to a team of 150 people in 7 offices in Asia, Australia and America. Today, over 700 brands in nine countries use Mobikon’s solutions to improve interaction with customers and boost revenues. Its proprietary platform has engaged over 12.3 million consumers in 9 countries and has powered more than 5 million in-store reviews.
Who are you?
You will join the core engineering team to design and develop database requirements for various web and mobile apps that are changing how restaurants run their business. This role requires a highly competent and highly motivated individual who wants to strengthen their technical abilities and grow their professional career. This also requires a high sense of ownership of the problems and requests assigned, a focus on managing and resolving issues, initiating and performing changes on production systems and proactively escalating any issues that cannot be resolved within the established timeframes. Excellent debugging, time management skills, ability to prioritize and multi-task, ability to make timely decisions in alignment with the team is required.
You will be responsible for maintaining the database on the AWS cloud including backup, high availability, performance tuning, security, capacity planning, monitoring critical events and documentation. Also, you need to develop strategies for future migrations to new database structures and preparations for applying big data analytics to existing data.
You Will Own:
- Manage SQL Server databases.
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes.
- Monitor system’s health and performance.
- Ensure high levels of performance, availability, sustainability, and security.
- Analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time.
- Provide suggestions for solutions.
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
- Assist developers with query tuning and schema refinement.
- Provide support for critical production issues.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
- Ensure data replication between SQL Server and Elasticsearch.
- 5 years of experience as a SQL Server DBA or similar role.
- 3 years of experience with Performance Tuning, optimization, backups, restores, and recovery models.
- 2 years of experience of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server.
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success.
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills.
- Team player.
- Good time-management skills.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong hands-on in services like EC2, EBS, RDS, VPC & networking concepts. Experience on Lambda, IAM, API Gateway, S3, DynamoDB, Route53, CloudFront, Load Balancers, AutoScaling, CloudWatch, CloudTrail will be added advantage.
- Must have experience on any NoSQL DB cluster(preferably Elasticsearch) configuration, administration and performance tuning. MCTS, MCITP, and/or MVP certifications a plus.